Master's degree with NP certification. Current license or valid permit to practice professional nursing in Texas. No experience required.JOB DESCRIPTION:The nurse practitioner functions as an advanced practitioner providing primary health care for a caseload of patients in the area of clinical specialization.Salary Range
Commensurate with experienceSpecific Job Related Duties
Specific Job Related Duties
- Works independently to full scope of practice in compliance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act with acknowledgement of collaborating physician availability for consultation and collaboration
- Provides primary care for patients in the geriatric house call program, as well as, residents living in both independent and assisted living settings
- Performs individualized history and physical examinations for diverse populations inclusive of social determinants of health
- Orders and interprets diagnostic testing in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient
- Diagnoses acute, episodic, and chronic diseases
- Develops a comprehensive plan of care that encompasses evidence-based practice guidelines, practice protocols, Medicare, Medicaid, and other state and federal regulations.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments
- Provides appropriate education for current health diagnoses as well as anticipatory guidance for health promotion and disease prevention applicable to the individuals health and socioeconomic status
- Monitors plan of care for cost-effectiveness and the achievement of expected improvements, while openly seeking feedback from patients, significant others, colleagues, allied health, appropriate referrals, and collaborating physician to enhance quality outcomes
#NPEqual Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: advanced, advanced practice registered nurse, aprn, arnp c, assessments, cns, family medicine, gyn, np, spanish