Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
We are growing!New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit.
TheTechnical Operatoris responsible for providing support for operations bymaintaining and operatingequipment and processes at our Monahans, TX. Midstream Terminal. The role will participate as an integral team member and will be a key contributor to the organization from a support capacity.*NOTE: Conditions of employment include successful completion of an entry-level test. As part of your application you must complete the online assessment within 7 days of applying online.*Hiring for more than 1 position
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oils.
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
- Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
- Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Proceduresand Site-SpecificProcedures.
- Compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures.
- Responding to emergencies, maintaining emergency equipment and participating in emergency response training and exercises.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (computer-basedand instructor led training).
- Monitoringcontrols and establishing valve line-ups for pipeline delivery and receipts.
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting allproduct seeps and spills).
- Performing security and equipment facility rounds, minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions.
- Assisting with new employee training.
- Completingdaily, weekly, monthlyand annual inventory reconciliation,including agency and other required reports.
- PerformingLock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits,and Confined Space Entry permitsforsafe and effective execution of work.
- Performing TPIC (TerminalPersoninCharge) duties at the marine dock.
- Complying with Waste Management per local Environmental processes in addition toSPCC,DOT, TRRC, USCG and Measurement Manual.
- Acting as Terminal Person in Charge (TPIC).
- Performing work in accordance with Operator Qualifications (OQs).
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR Associates Degree in Process Operations or related technical field
- Must maintainvalid drivers license
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
- To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
- To raise and transport articles weighing up to 50pounds
- To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To wear personal protective equipment, such as flame retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
- To be on call, work overtime, nights, weekends, or holidays on an as-needed basis
- To work alone a high percentage of the time
- To work a 12-hourrotating shift
- 4 or more years of relative Industry experience in the oil and gas industry or Military experience
- 4 or more years of experience working with any of the following:
- Process controls and oil movements
- P&ID drawings
- Refined products and/or crudeoil quality specifications
- Mechanical and rotating equipment
At Phillips 66, while \"what\" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a \"how\" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared \"how\" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Contr: AdaptabilityAdapt And Learn From Experience
- Contr: Building Collaborative RelationshipsFoster Relationships
- Contr: JudgmentDemonstrate Sound Judgment
- Contr: Results OrientationOptimize Work Performance
Pipelines and Terminals
At December 31, 2015, our Transportation business managed over 18,000 miles of crude oil, natural gas, NGL and petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States, including those partially owned or operated by affiliates. We owned or operated 39 finished product terminals, 37 storage locations, 5 LPG terminals, 16 crude oil terminals and 1 petroleum coke exporting facility.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.comor follow us on Twitter@Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing dateofMarch 29, 2019.
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: coal, drill, field, gas, mineral, mineral engineer, oil, petrol, pipe, pipeline