Job DescriptionFlex has an exciting 2019 Process Engineering Summer Internship based in Austin. Texas! The intern will work on challenging projects in support of real-time business issues, to develop skills and experiences.
* Assist with Implement and evaluate proposed designs and processes for manufacturability
* Assist with the justification, purchase and implement capital equipment for production
* Assist and oversee the new process equipment production
* Participate in activities pertaining to cycle time and process improvements and materials
* Assist with the analysis of statistical process analysis on new and existing products
* Assist with the improvement of manufacturing safety, productivity and yield improvements.
* Provide continuous development of manufacturing techniques that will improve in-house capabilities
* Develop and maintain process documentation
* Interface with production of all activities associated with new process implementation and transfer
* Assist in the development of training and provide training to production personnel during new technology transfer
* Make recommendation on cost improvement and reduction programs
* Currently enrolled as junior or senior and pursuing a undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or related field from an accredited university
* Available for 10-12 weeks
* Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
* Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others
* Self-motivated, high energy and strong time management skills
* Demonstrated leadership skills and team orientation
* Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to take lead and drive for results
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: ...@flextronics.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our recruitment privacy notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: ...@flex.com
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, nutrition, pha, plastics, polymer, polymer synthesis, polypropylene, polyurethane